A panel discussion on “Understanding Addiction” on 19th September at 4 pm
Empaths — the peer support group at IISc Wellness Centre — presents an online panel discussion on “Understanding Addiction” on 19th September at 4 pm. This is third in the series of discussions in the IISc Unheard Stories, which started last year.
Addiction is a condition of the neurological system where one craves the substance or behaviour, resulting in an unbreakable cycle of guilt and relapse, despite the looming concerns over possible harmful consequences. No matter how hopeless the situation is or how many times one has tried and failed before, recovery is never out of reach. Let us all come together and break the stigma! With the right support, treatment, and willpower change is possible. You are not alone in this battle.
We also invite you to share your personal experiences in dealing with addiction anonymously at the link: https://forms.gle/VWxasdQFyWDcDgRH8
The panellists are:
1. Dr Gitanjali Narayanan, Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS).
2. Dr Jayant Mahadevan, Assistant Professor at Centre for Addiction Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS.
The event is on 19th September at 4-6 pm, via Microsoft Teams. Mark your calendars!
Link to the Microsoft Teams Meeting: join here
If you have any questions, you can ask them via the link: https://forms.gle/VWxasdQFyWDcDgRH8. Questions asked before the event will be given preference.
Thanks and best regards,
Empaths@IISc Wellness Centre
Something on my mind (Ask Experts): An interaction session with psychiatrists, 31st October, Sat, 4:00 p.m.
Something on my mind (Ask Experts): An interaction session with psychiatrists, 28th November, Sat, 4:00 p.m.
Panel Discussion: Childhood sexual abuse and its effect on mental health: 26th Dec (Saturday) at 4 pm
Something on my mind (Ask the Experts): An interaction session with psychiatrists, 30th January, 4:00 p.m.
Wellness workshop on 25th Sept, 2 PM: Break the Silence: Suicide Prevention Through Help Seeking and Help Facilitation
- Workshop – “Positive Mental Health” on 17th September 2022 at 3.00 pm
- Something on my mind: An interaction session with psychiatrists, 12th February, Saturday, 4:00 p.m
- Workshop – “Stress Management: Self and Community Care” on 29th January 2022 at 2.00 pm.
- Workshop on “We walk with pride & our Mental Health matters too” on 18th Dec 2021 at 3.00 pm
- Wellness workshop on 25th Sept, 2 PM: Break the Silence: Suicide Prevention Through Help Seeking and Help Facilitation