“An Anxious Mind -Understanding Anxiety” on 15th August at 4 pm
Empaths — the peer support group at IISc Wellness Centre — presents a panel discussion (online) on “An Anxious Mind -Understanding Anxiety” on 15th August at 4 pm. This is second in the series of discussions IISc Unheard Stories, started last year.
About the event: We all feel anxious from time to time. It is more than just a feeling of stress or worry. But when these feelings don’t reduce with time, it can become a battle with oneself, making it hard to deal with everyday life. Anxiety is the most common mental health condition. It is normal to feel lonely when you are dealing with anxiety. You aren’t alone. We have invited experts who are with us to help break the stigma and shame and provide tips and support to help deal with anxiety. The session would also have some volunteers share their personal experiences of battling anxiety.
The panellists are:
- Dr. Muralidharan Kesavan, Professor of Psychiatry, NIMHANS
- Dr. Archana Bhat Kallahalla, HOD, Post Graduate Department of Psychology, Surana College
- Dr. Rajkumari, Associate Professor of Psychology, NIMHANS
- Dr. Preethi V. Shanbhag, Consultant Psychiatrist, Manasa Nursing Home
The event is on 15th August at 4 pm, via Microsoft Teams. Mark your calendars!
Link to the Microsoft Teams Meeting: https://tinyurl.com/
If you have any questions, you can ask them via the link: https://forms.gle/
Thanks and best regards,
Empaths@IISc Wellness Centre
Something on my mind (Ask Experts): An interaction session with psychiatrists, 31st October, Sat, 4:00 p.m.
Something on my mind (Ask Experts): An interaction session with psychiatrists, 28th November, Sat, 4:00 p.m.
Panel Discussion: Childhood sexual abuse and its effect on mental health: 26th Dec (Saturday) at 4 pm
Something on my mind (Ask the Experts): An interaction session with psychiatrists, 30th January, 4:00 p.m.
Wellness workshop on 25th Sept, 2 PM: Break the Silence: Suicide Prevention Through Help Seeking and Help Facilitation
- Workshop – “Positive Mental Health” on 17th September 2022 at 3.00 pm
- Something on my mind: An interaction session with psychiatrists, 12th February, Saturday, 4:00 p.m
- Workshop – “Stress Management: Self and Community Care” on 29th January 2022 at 2.00 pm.
- Workshop on “We walk with pride & our Mental Health matters too” on 18th Dec 2021 at 3.00 pm
- Wellness workshop on 25th Sept, 2 PM: Break the Silence: Suicide Prevention Through Help Seeking and Help Facilitation