Maintain Your Emotional Wellbeing During COVID 19 Distress
Hope you’re safe and well. For almost 3 weeks now, we have been living in uncertainty. Measures adopted by various authorities are necessary for the sake of our safety and good health.
We understand that the current situation has disrupted not just your academics but even your personal lives. It’s only natural if you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed. We care greatly about your wellness, and we’re going to get through this together.
We want to remind you that if you are indeed experiencing any kind of distress, all campus facilities for your mental wellbeing continue to run during the lockdown.
1. 24 x 7 phone service to talk to a professional counsellor: 080 – 4711-3444.
2. Online counselling: See this if you are setting up for the first time: https://wellness.iisc.ac.in/index.php/online-counselling/
a. Online chat (24 x 7) counselling at bit.ly/YDatIIScChat
b. Booking an appointment for Telephonic or Video sessions at bit.ly/YDatIIScBookAppointments
3. Counsellors and Psychiatrists at IISc campus continue to be available as per the regular schedule: https://wellness.iisc.ac.in/index.php/committee/consulting-psychologists/
4. Check this document by the Ministry of Health on mental health during Covid19: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/MindingourmindsduringCoronaeditedat.pdf
5. Watch these short videos at your leisure:
a. A video by the executive director, UNICEF (2 m 39 sec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0uoJHNcNY
b. Practical tips to take care of your mental health during the stay in (1 m 11 sec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHB3WJsLJ8s&feature=youtu.be
c. Manage mental health and well-being during the outbreak (1 m) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuKhtSehp24&feature=youtu.be
Hang in there dear all. This will all be over soon and we shall emerge stronger and wiser.
Reach out to us anytime by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR via anonymous feedback (https://wellness.iisc.ac.in/index.php/contact/).
IISc Wellness Centre.